8 large strawberries.
3 sheets gelatin.
1 cup (250 ml) cold water, plus extra water for soaking.
2 tablespoons (30 ml) powdered Matcha Suisen Wasabi paste to taste.
1. Slice each strawberry in half and cut a piece off the rounded side of each half so the pieces are flat on both sides. Set aside on a serving dish.
2. Place the sheets of gelatin in cold water to soak. Set aside.
3. Heat the water to 150oF (65°C) and add the powdered Matcha tea. Whisk well. Let stand until the foam subsides.
4. Wring the excess moisture from the gelatin sheets. Place the sheets in the warm tea mixture. Whisk until the gelatin dissolves. Cool in an ice bath until the mixture thickens a little.
5. Place a little wasabi in the center of each strawberry half, then quickly cover with a small spoonful of jellied Matcha. If the Matcha jelly hardens too fast, heat it over a small pan of boiling water to obtain the right consistency.
6. Refrigerate uncovered for 2 or 3 hours before serving.